Whole brine shrimp gut loaded with spirulina algae and other natural algae, makes a quality, highly nutritious treat for all kinds of fish large and small. The gut-loading brine shrimp are packed with nutrients making it an ideal diet for new or finiky fish.
Brine Shrimp are a very common food for fresh and saltwater fish, but do not hold much when it comes to nutritional value, but when gut-loaded they can provide the same nutritional characteristic of the food that is contained within the gut of the brine shrimp. Brine shrimp are commonly used to entice new, or finicky fish into eating frozen foods. Hikari's Spirulina Brine Shrimp's are gut-loaded spirulina algae which is renowned for its protein content, as well as containing all the necessary amino acids.
Feed only as much as your fish will consume in a 1 minute period multiple times a day. It is best to feed very small amounts multiple times a day over a single large feeding. Fish will naturally graze and scavenge for food throughout the day and by offering different foods multiple times a day will mimic their natural feeding instincts and lead to better coloration and overall healthier fish.
Free of harmful bacteria
Free of harmful parasites
Free of foul odors
Bio-encapsulated with multi-vitamins
Vitamins in the animal not the water
Similar to gut loading
Guarantees your pet gets the vitamins
Provides maximum nutrition for your fish
Processed Through Hikari's Mega-Power Freezer
Retains natural color
Retains natural shape
Retains nutritional benefits
Crude Protein - 6.9% min
Crude Fat - 1.2% min
Crude Fiber - 1.3% max
Moisture - 86.0% max
Phosphorous - 0.01% min
Ascorbic Acid - 10 mg/kg min
Riboflavin - 2 mg/kg min
Spirulina Brine Shrimp Ingredients: Brine Shrimp, water, spirulina, pyridoxine hydrochloride, carotene, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (stabilized vitamin C), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin (vitamin B2), thiamine mononitrate, biotin, choline chloride, folic acid, calcium pantothenate, inositol, niacin.
NOTE: Handling a frozen food that is derived from a live animal can cause the same allergic reaction possible by handling the live animal itself. To avoid potential problems, always wash your hands immediately after use and avoid contact with your nose and mouth prior to washing.